Saturday, March 3, 2012

DIY Nursing Necklaces


Cross-Post from How To Raise A Zombie Killing Machine.

I decided to give into the mom crafty trait that happens when you are trying to save money and make neat things. That's right, I made something all by myself. The idea came from this necklace I had borrowed from my mother years and years ago.
Heart necklace
Z has taken to scratching the crap out of me while nursing, and so I have decided to give something for her to get her finger in beside my earring or my hair. That little stinker has the strongest grip, the other day she had my earring and it took me and my partner five minutes to get her little fingers out of there. The problem with this necklace is it is a bit short and the thread is a bit thin. It cuts into me when Z pulls on it, but it is much better than losing my neck hairs.

After my IUD appointment (that's right, 10 years baby free for me! Whoot whoot!), Z and I headed out to the local Michael's. I paid six dollars for leather thread, and two dollars for a shell pendant. This would double as something for Z to chew on while teething.

BTW, she is a huge drool bucket and everything she can wrap her fingers around she puts into her mouth to nom.

My supplies. 
I bought the shell pendant for all the times I wear a brown shirt, mostly because I either wear brown or black on a normal day. I used the top color of thread and used the tutorial from Anktangle to make this final  project.
Brown faux shell necklace!
Also I found a fun doughnut pendent on Etsy.

Black with copper, blue and green accents.
So I used the same tutorial and made this little thing. But I used a different knot, which can be found at satincord.com.
Z playing with the necklace and some serious cleavage.

No comments:

Post a Comment